![]() |
CC Cornelia Kopp 2007 (lonely wolf) Flickr Modified
|
It often amazes me the number of people that will, without fail, acknowledge that there is a challenge or problem, but will dither about discussing and arguing while making absolutely no move to become a part of the solution. If
there is one thing that drives me insane, this is it.
So in this vein I am endeavouring to become a part of the solution by using the skills and capabilities I have developed as a Science educator to empower people to face challenges with evidence based solutions, commitment and resolve. By inclination I am a systems thinker who is fascinated in the interplay of human psychology and the challenges that face our world today and I will typically approach challenges from this angle. However, the problems and issues facing this world are deep and far reaching and I am loath to restrict myself to any one field so in the tradition of the polymaths of old, I will be addressing them as the mood and motivation strikes me. But to give you an overview the challenges that most often capture my attention they are;
- Education (of course)
- Positive psychology
- Economics
- Environmental sustainability
- Organisational and community leadership and culture
- Science
- Philosophy
- Animal behaviour and interactions
As owner of this blog I fully acknowledge that I am a human being who is on a learning journey. I don't expect to be 100% percent correct in my viewpoint, but I have no intention of wading deliberately into an issue I have no experience in or done no research on. However, as owner and author of this blog I reserve
the right 'to entertain a thought without accepting it' and consequently place
far less value on it than you may do so. If this offends, by all means find
another forum to air your opinions and issues or better yet, write your own
blog.


No comments:
Post a Comment